116 North Range AVE, DENHAM SPRINGS, LA -- (225) 665-8121
City of Denham Springs
CONTACT THE MAYOR'S OFFICE
The Mayor of Denham Springs is a full-time position, elected by popular vote for a four-year term.
The Mayor is the chief administrative officer of the City and oversees the operation of all City Departments, with approximately 180 employees and a $20 million plus consolidated budget.
Boards and Committees
Gerard Landry is currently serving as Mayor of the City of Denham Springs. He was elected in 2014 to serve a four-year term from 2015 – 2018 and was re-elected in 2018 to serve through 2022.
Prior to being elected to this office, Mayor Landry's career began with the grocery industry growing from bagging groceries to District Manager. As District Manager, Landry oversaw operations for stores in three states. After 25 years, Landry left the National Supermarket when they closed their U.S. operations. He then began working at Associated Grocers as Director of Retail Development for stores in four states. After three years with Associated Grocers, Landry purchased a store of his own and subsequently added a second location. Landry retired from his 45-year grocery business career to fulfill his new duties as Mayor of Denham Springs.
Mayor Landry, along with his duties as Chief Executive Officer of the City of Denham Springs, currently serves on several corporation boards:
Denham Springs Sewerage District No. 1
Denham Springs Economic Development Corporation
Municipal Police Employees Retirement
Livingston Economic Development Council
The Louisiana Executive Board of Aging
IIMC Finance Board
Capital Regional Planning Commission/Metropolitan Planning Organization Executive Board
Vice Chairman for the Transportation Advisory Committee and the Transportation Policy Committee
He is a past member of the Council on Aging Advisory Board and the Denham Springs Planning and Zoning Commission.
Mayor Landry attended LSU and is U.S. Army Veteran. In the Army, Landry served with the 4013th Garrison Unit. Married to Marian Miller Landry for 35 years, the Landry family includes seven children, thirteen grandchildren and four great grandchildren. He and his wife are members of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.
SERVING THE COMMUNITY
• Executive Board Member of Livingston Parish Council on Aging
• Administrative Council for Immaculate Conception Church
•Livingston Parish Chamber of Commerce
•Denham Springs Athletic Association
• Krew of Denham Springs
• Denham Springs Planning and Zoning Comm. (Past Member)
• Look at recycling and possibly tie recycling programs to city departments that might need more funding.
• Enhance and maybe even expand the Antiques District.
• Improve the quality of life for our residents
• Look at districts for council members.
• Develop more activities for kids.
• Plan for thoughtful growth with economic development.
• Explore the needs of a civic center for Denham Springs
• Work on public access to the Amite River within Denham Springs.
• Hold Town Hall meetings