116 North Range AVE, DENHAM SPRINGS, LA -- (225) 665-8121
Copyright © City of Denham Springs 2021
The Mayor of Denham Springs is a full-time position, elected by popular vote for a four-year term.
The Mayor is the chief administrative officer of the City and oversees the operation of all City Departments, with approximately 180 employees and a $20 million plus consolidated budget.
Boards and Committees
Gerard Landry is committed to growing Denham Springs in a controlled, fiscally sound way that provides our citizens with the services they want and need, while preserving our rich history.
Landry attended LSU and is a U.S. Army Veteran. In the Army, Landry served with the 4013th Garrison Unit. Married to Marian Miller Landry for 27 years, the Landry family includes seven children and twelve grandchildren. Their family has a variety of interests and careers: two are ministers, four are in finance, two are teachers, two are chemical plant supervisors and two are stay at home moms. Landry's family are also active members of Immaculate Conception Church
Landry was raised on Convention Street in downtown Baton Rouge. He watched his father walk to work every day to his job at Kean's Cleaners. Both of Landry's parents are profoundly deaf. It is through his parents that he learned that there is no obstacle in life that is too great to overcome. Landry began working at the age of 17, bagging groceries. One of his first jobs was at National Supermarket located in Denham Springs at the site of New Covenant Baptist Church. Landry's career with the grocery industry grew from bagging groceries to District Manager. As DM, Landry oversaw operations for stores in three states. After 25 years, Landry left the National Supermarket when they closed their U.S. operations. He then began working at Associated Grocers as Director of Retail Development for stores in four states.
After three years with AG, Landry purchased a store of his own and subsequently added a second location. Landry's retired from his 45 year grocery business career to fulfill his new duties as Mayor of Denham Springs.
SERVING THE COMMUNITY
• Executive Board Member of Livingston Parish Council on Aging
• Administrative Council for Immaculate Conception Church
•Livingston Parish Chamber of Commerce
•Denham Springs Athletic Association
• Krew of Denham Springs
• Denham Springs Planning and Zoning Comm. (Past Member)
• Look at recycling and possibly tie recycling programs to city departments that might need more funding.
• Enhance and maybe even expand the Antiques District.
• Improve the quality of life for our residents
• Look at districts for council members.
• Develop more activities for kids.
• Plan for thoughtful growth with economic development.
• Explore the needs of a civic center for Denham Springs
• Work on public access to the Amite River within Denham Springs.
• Hold Town Hall meetings
CONTACT THE MAYOR'S OFFICE
City of Denham Springs